Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working across the globe. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: youth and workforce development, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Partnerships for Productivity (PADU) Activity in Indonesia. PADU is a five-year activity that aims to enhance private sector investment in technical and vocational and education training (TVET) institutions through partnerships with private sector firms and government-owned vocational training centers called Balai Latihan Kerja (BLKs). Banyan Global is working to facilitate and catalyze the establishment of partnerships to improve the capacity of BLKs to address skills gaps in the labor market, and promote the implementation and utilization of tax deductions/incentives for the private sector.
Banyan Global is recruiting a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Institutional Strengthening STTA Consultant in Indonesia for the PADU Activity. The TVET Institutional Strengthening STTA consultant will support the project’s capacity building work in selected provinces, addressing the mismatch between training graduates and the skills needed to succeed in the workplace. Specifically, the project will enhance private sector firms’ collaboration and partnership with TVET institutions to enhance workforce development outcomes. This is a part-time position based in Jakarta.
The TVET Institutional Strengthening for Partnerships STTA Consultant will provide short-term support with the following:
- Support development and operationalize the initiation of the pilot phase of the selected Anchor TVET centers – includes work with the TVETs, private sector, and PADU subcontractor.
- Identify, prioritize, and analyze capacity gaps in TVET services as it relates to private sector partnerships (market-driven curriculum design, training materials, and instructional methodologies).
- Support project two launch events in North Sumatera and East Java.
- Facilitate direct private sector engagement and mentoring for TVET outreach to the private sector.
- Conduct learning workshops with partners to share experiences across TVET initiatives, as requested
- Provide remote management oversight to TVET specialists in target provinces
- Support project management with USAID reporting requirements
- Assist with project monitoring and evaluation systems and reporting related to TVET capacity building
- Other tasks, as assigned
- Degree in education, economics, human resource development or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant progressive technical experience in the design and delivery of capacity building services to public and/or private sector training institutions in Indonesia.
- Donor-funded experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Indonesian TVET sector; private sector investment in vocational education opportunities and challenges; and Government TVET strategies.
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement and working with the Government of Indonesia.
- Proven experience working and collaborating with the Indonesian private sector and its workforce development requirements.
- Superior interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with ability to effectively work with a variety of counterparts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including professional fluency in written and spoken Indonesian and English
- High degree of responsibility, organization, and punctuality.
- Demonstrated leadership, adaptability and integrity.
- Willingness to travel across Indonesia. Must be based in Jakarta.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Indonesian applicants only.