Position Title: Sr Programme Coordinator (Economic Recovery Labour Mobility&Labour Integration)
Duty Station: Ankara, Republic of Türkiye
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 21 November 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- External female candidates:
- Candidate from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Barbados; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Dominica; Fiji; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Holy See; Iceland; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Tonga; Tuvalu; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu
Second-tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Deputy of Chief of Mission (DCoM) in IOM Türkiye, and in close coordination with the Labour Mobility and Social Inclusion (LMI) and Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Thematic Specialists based in IOM’s Regional Office for South-Eastern Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, the Senior Programme Coordinator (Economic Recovery, and Labour Mobility and Integration) will be responsible for the overall management of the Economic Recovery, Labour Mobility and Labour Integration Unit within the Country Office, and the management and implementation of the four-year, EU-funded programme: “UPSKILL”.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Employ a Results Based Management approach to manage the implementation of the UPSKILL programme, in accordance with the EU-approved Description of Action, Theory of Change, Results Matrix and Budget, with support from relevant support units.
- Exercise operational, administrative, and financial management responsibility for the successful implementation of the UPSKILL Programme and provide oversight to other project managers contributing to the mission’s approaches on Economic Recovery, Labour Mobility and Labour Integration, ensuring that processes are transparent and in compliance with IOM and donor regulations and obligations.
- Supervise programme activities, provide expert recommendations and technical guidance to the IOM implementing team and the Implementing Partners (IPs) and take corrective or alternative action for improvement and success of the programme in coordination with the relevant regional thematic specialists.
- Establish and oversee partnerships with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), skills development providers, recruitment agencies, Government and private sector entities. Support the development and maintenance of key relationships with national and regional mechanisms and fora, including UN and other thematic fora, in coordination with IOM’s Regional Office for South-Eastern Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Prepare required reports for the donor on UPSKILL programme delivery, including Interim and Final narrative and financial reports, in coordination with the Regional Office for South-Eastern Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, with support from the Programme Support Unit.
- Monitor financial reports and expenditure to ensure compliance management and satisfactory burn rates for Economic Recovery, Labour Mobility and Labour Integration projects, to meet implementation milestones and deadlines.
- Monitor, assess and provide advice and guidance to the mission on emerging trends of economic and private sector development, livelihoods, labour mobility and labour integration in Türkiye and the region, with strategic recommendations that can feed into mission programme development, country and regional policies, frameworks, and strategies.
- Provide competent advice to the Senior Management on the overall performance of the UPSKILL programme and Economic Recovery, Labour Mobility and Labour Integration portfolio, to ensure effectiveness, coherence and quality of implementation.
- In close coordination with the Resource Management Officer, monitor and coordinate all administrative and human resources aspects of the Economic Recovery, Labour Mobility and Labour Integration projects; supervise, monitor and provide technical guidance to the Economic Recovery, Labour Mobility and Labour Integration Unit staff.
- Develop and build sustainability of the UPSKILL programme and IOM’s Labour Mobility, Livelihoods and Private Sector Development programmes.
- Undertake duty travel as necessary to oversee the implementation of the projects and evaluate their impact on beneficiaries.
- Represent IOM at public events, including presenting on IOM’s work on labour management at global and national levels.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, Political Science, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
- Recognized Project Management qualifications is an advantage.
- Proven experience managing large-scale projects focusing on refugees and host communities, labour integration, livelihoods, private sector development or economic recovery projects, ideally projects funded by the European Union (EU);
- Excellent track record of effective working relationships with government officials, private sector, and UN agencies;
- Experience and expertise in working with community stabilization initiatives, labour migration, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), and corporate social responsibility an advantage;
- Past exposure and experience in project development and resource mobilization.
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills, particularly in a multi-stakeholder and multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of project budgeting and planning;
- Familiarity with financial and administrative management in IOM or UN agencies an advantage;
- High level of political awareness and sensitivity; well-developed sense of integrity and diplomacy;
- Excellent knowledge of financial and business administration for large projects;
- Sound and proven understanding of internal and international migration, labour mobility and labour integration issues and policies in Türkiye or the region;
- Excellent writing, communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent analytical abilities and demonstrated capacity to draft and edit technical documents;
- Sound and proven interpersonal skills and ability to maintain trust and good working relationships with counterparts and staff;
- Excellent understanding of Theory of Change and project life cycles;
- Team-oriented, but with capacity to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and creativity;
- Proven organizational and time management skills, and ability to deliver under tight timelines;
- Understanding of IOM policies, procedures and institutional tools will be considered an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Turkish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (Link at Apply Button), by 21 November 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 08.11.2023 to 21.11.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2023 393 Senior Programme Coordinator (Economic Recovery, Labour Mobility and Labour Integration) (P4) Ankara, Turkiye (58474969) Released
Posting: Posting NC58474970 (58474970) Released