Final date for application:
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges - Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel started the implementation of a new cooperation portfolio for Palestine. This program will on the one hand built on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand, also provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros. The new portfolio, started in July 2022, is proposed for a period of 5 years (2022-2026) with a budget of 70 million euros.
The new portfolio will contribute to the following two general objectives (Pillars):
1. Young people in Palestine develop into active and critical citizens, ready for local and global challenges, through improved education, training, guidance and access to employment.
2. The Palestinian population makes use of the opportunities of a sustainable environment.
The first pillar includes three different specific objectives. The third objective (SO3) is focused on skills (TVET, 21st century skills), employment and entrepreneurship, and has the following sub-objectives:
1. Increased access to Skills Development through investing in and upgrading TVET infrastructure
2. The employability of young women and men is improved through support to equitable access to quality and demand-driven skills development
3. Employment opportunities for young women and men are increased through entrepreneurship promotion and business development support
This SO complements two other ongoing projects focused on skills, employment and entrepreneurship: Skilled Young Palestine and Youth Economic Empowerment Program.
This position will contribute to technical support on these three projects.
In support to the IM and the Skills Development Experts:
o Provide technical inputs on the thematic of TVET, employment and business creation and development
o Support the planning, execution and monitoring of activities related to skills, employment and entrepreneurship
o Support in the follow-up and coordination with partnerships established (grants and public procurement)
o Ensure online databases (sharepoint) are up-to-date according to Enabel guidelines
o Support in drafting contracting and procurement documents
o Support in developing strategies and approaches specific for the target group of the intervention (vulnerable youth, refugees and women)
• You hold a master’s degree in business administration, educational or social sciences, international relations or related area
• At least 2 years of relevant experience in: skills development, TVET, employment and business development support.
Good knowledge of the latest trends and developments of the TVET, employment and business development sectors in Palestine
Excellent ability to communicate, exchange ideas and listen to the various stakeholders
Specific competences or knowledge considered an asset:
Any practical working experience in development-related projects
Proven understanding of development principles
Practical knowledge of cross-cutting themes (gender, decent work, environment, digital, innovation, etc.)
Languages: Good knowledge of Arabic and English (in speaking and writing)
• You are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
• An exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract for two years based in Gaza.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5), and benefits. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognised experience for the function.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 03 September 2023.