Save the Children seeks qualified candidates for the anticipated economic empowerment of the youth project. The Sr. Manager will lead and manage, a 5-year programme at the specific division to manage and deliver youths’ skill and economic empowerment project in Bangladesh. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
The position is contingent and subject to donor approval.
The Senior Manager will provide overall leadership, technical guidance and support, including communication and learning and will work with all the coalition partners to ensure a consistent approach to implementation and technical quality. S/he will be accountable for both the quality of interventions as well as their effective financial and operational management; and serve as the primary liaison and programme representative with Government of Bangladesh, donors, partner agencies, private sectors, and local institutions and communities. S/he will lead the planning and execution of divisional level project activities and will ensure that the objectives/results are met to the satisfaction of the project participants and stakeholders. The job holder is expected to have extensive professional knowledge on TVET, wage and self-employment including enterprise development, youth participation, life skills and community engagement. S/he will support the project team in preparing communication materials and donor reports and the phase out or scale-up plan.
• At least 10 years’ experience in the relevant field for managerial positions and minimum 5 years working experience in youth program.
• Clear understanding and competency on project/program management and skills training program management.
• Experience in implementing youth development program, soft skills, stakeholder engagement, internal and external communication and program monitoring.
• Working experience at Dhaka/Chattogram will add value.
• Report writing skill both Bangla in English,
• Able to analyse data for decision making and participation.
• Master’s degree in statistics/Social Science, Education, Development Studies or relevant field
Job Type: Regular
No. of Vacancies: 2
Job Location: Dhaka and Chattogram Division
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.