Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000053987
- Location: Trang Bom
- Assignment period: 06/01/2023 - 06/30/2024
- Field: ICT and Digitalisation
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 03/24/2023
The Vocational College of Machinery Irrigation (VCMI) adapts digital transformation (DX) activities to develop a more flexible, open and adaptive training system and efficient management to meet requirements of the changing world of work. There are eight key components of DX at VCMI including: updates of training contents, teaching and learning methods, digital teachers and students, digital infrastructure/platform and learning resources, digital management and administration, regulatory framework, cyber security, and data connection. GIZ has provided VCMI with DX supported activities for strategic and policy advice, personnel capacity training, and the development of digital solutions. The Digital Ambassador is based at VCMI and allocates 70% of his/her workload to support the college and shares 30% for other GIZ’s partner Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges and GIZ programmes.
- Support TVET institutes’ management in developing strategies, action plans and regulatory frameworks of DX
- Support TVET institutes in developing e-learning systems, digital platforms, cloud services, digital teaching and learning materials, and other modern learning/teaching technologies
- Provide multipliers at TVET institutes with training courses in digital literacy and e-pedagogies from basic to advanced levels
- Support TVET institutes in the integration of requirements of Industry 4.0 and DX in training programmes, and strengthening their cooperation with the business sector
- Support PR and communications staff in TVET institutes in the development and application of easily accessible digital information channels
- Support other GIZ programmes in Viet Nam in their advice to partners concerning DX
- University degree or professional qualification related to IT and education (IT engineering, information system, data, TVET, or similar)
- Proven knowledge and experience of DX in the TVET or education sector, sound understanding of IT/ICT projects, and be well familiar with e-learning systems and platforms like Moodle, BBB, Atingi etc
- Experience in delivering capacity development training activities, and promoting digital literacy and consulting approaches in the field of DX
- Experience abroad in the field of development/ international cooperation, ideally in Asia and experience in working in intercultural contexts
- Sensitivity towards, or experience with, approaches to gender equality and inclusion of people with disabilities
- Strong teamwork and networking skills, communication, presentation and facilitation skills, and a high degree of self-organisation, flexibility and creativity
- Fluency in English, Fluency in Vietnamese and German are an advantage
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Viet Nam.
- Trang Bom District, Dong Nai Province is in the Southeast region of Vietnam, located east and northeast of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). The distance between VCMI and Ho Chi Minh City is about 45km. It takes about 1,5 hours travelling by car. (Website of Dong Nai Province: https://www.dongnai.gov.vn/en/Pages/home.aspx). Dong Nai Province has an advanced traffic system with many backbone national roads crossing, such as: National route 1A, national route 20, National route 51, North–South railway lines
- Located adjacent to the Saigon Port and Tan Son Nhat International Airport, it offers many advantages to economic activities in the area. Its location is very important for the development of the Southern economic main hub and the junction of the Southeastern and West Highland.
- Dong Nai lies in the monsoon tropical zone and is affected by the north-east and south-west monsoon. The climate is divided into two distinct seasons: the rainy season lasts from March or April to November and the dry season from December to March or April of the following year. The average temperature is between 23.9 and 29°C.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- As a development worker, you can use the project vehicle for trips to school or to visit a doctor or can receive a monthly lump-sum mobility allowance instead. The project vehicle can also be used for personal trips with your manager’s approval.
- As well as your basic living allowance, as a development worker you will also receive extensive additional benefits during your assignment (including a foreign service premium, family allowances, private group health insurance).
- To enable you to get ready for your assignment as a development worker and your outward journey, you will be given outward journey leave following your preparation time in Germany.
- We will cover a large portion of the childcare costs for dependent children under 14 who are accompanying you if your partner is not doing so and is not a development worker or integrated expert themselves. Most nursery and school fees are paid.
- We will reimburse you for your rental costs based on the rent index for your country as well as paying you an equipment and furnishing allowance on top.
- You and the members of your family accompanying you will be covered by our health and liability insurance, while your family members will also benefit from accident insurance. In countries in crisis, we operate a comprehensive risk management system for your protection, which minimises personal dangers and risks.
The basis for service as a development worker is the Development Workers Act (EhfG) and a comprehensive package of benefits based on it. This includes, among other things, targeted professional and personal preparation. We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative, globally active development institution. Your competencies are in demand in an interdisciplinary team on site.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.